We are excited to announce we have recently launched online Alumni Advisor Training Courses to better support our dedicated volunteers in 2021 and beyond. Developed by Plaid LLC, an organizational management firm that specializes in both Higher Education and Greek Organizations, these courses are designed for volunteers of all ages and experiences.
There are six primary courses offered:
- The Role of the Advisor – The chapter advisor’s role, responsibilities and expectations for working with student organizations.
- The Interfraternal Experience – The history of the interfraternal experience, tactics for advising Generation Z, and methods for tackling specific advisor, chapter and student obstacles.
- Mentoring College Students – The skills and tactics to mentor undergraduates today, and how to confront conflict, address accountability, and co-create SMART goals.
- Interfraternal Relationships – The local, regional, and national relationships that exist in the interfraternal community, and the support systems in place for an advisor.
- Hazing Identification and Prevention – Identifying and addressing a hazing culture.
- Eradicating Harmful Tradition – Understanding motivations and needs of individuals or a chapter, to move towards creating a healthy chapter culture.
In addition, advisors will also have access to Recruitment Training, Our Risk Management Program, and Inclusive Practices.