The Psi Upsilon Foundation awards a reimbursement grant to deserving chapters who are hosting a speaker in their chapter or community. The grant can be used to support travel and hospitality associated with event. The reimbursement grant of up to $1,000 is awarded twice per year by the Foundation for use within the same academic year.
For Chapters seeking help in coordinating a speaker event, the Director of Member Engagement can be helpful prior to apply for the grant.
- The chapter must be in good standing and the event must have the endorsement by the Chapter Alumni President or Chapter Advisor.
- The speaker must be credentialed and/or possess demonstrable experience and accomplishment in the field for which they will be speaking. The speaker does NOT have to be from the chapter or even a brother.
- Invitations must be extended to the entire chapter (undergraduates and graduates) and optimally will include additional partner organizations from within the community to broaden the audience.
- The date and location of the event, as well as the speaker(s), must be identified and within the academic year. The format of the event must provide the speaker time to delve into their subject matter (presentation, panel, fireside chat, etc) and may include time for discussion or networking.
- The funds are limited to travel and hospitality of the speaker and direct event costs (hospitality, catering, space rental, transportation). As this is a reimbursement grant, all receipts for the eligible and awarded expenses are required to be submitted for payment. The awarded amount by the foundation may be more than the actual reimbursed amount but not greater.
- Only one award per chapter per academic year.
The PsiU Connects undergraduate programming is part of our Speaker Series. To see alumni events in targeted areas check our Events listing here.