The Psi Upsilon Foundation awards a reimbursement grant to deserving chapters (or groups of chapters) who want to produce educational programs or workshops both in-person and virtually. Recipients may use the funds, up to $1,000, (~$4,000 total annually for the program) to pay for hospitality, event space, facilitator/speaker fees, travel and lodging needs, production of materials, etc. While the Foundation is eager to promote connectivity of brothers, these funds can be used to bring programs and content from outside the brotherhood to benefit the brothers (for example, multiple chapters can apply to fund a joint virtual workshop conducted by an outside facilitator).
The reimbursement grant of up to $1,000 is awarded by the Foundation for use within the same academic year.
For Chapters seeking help in coordinating a speaker event, the Director of Member Engagement can be helpful prior to apply for the grant.
|Application Deadline||Program Committee Decision|
|Friday, September 11, 2021||Wednesday, September 16, 2021|
|Friday, November 6, 2021||Wednesday, November 11, 2021|
|Friday, January 17, 2022||Wednesday, January 22, 2022|
|Thursday, March 5, 2022||Tuesday, March 10, 2022|
|Thursday, May 7, 2022||Tuesday, May 12, 2022|
|Thursday, July 2, 2022||Tuesday, July 7, 2022|
- The chapter must be in good standing and the event must have the endorsement by the Chapter Alumni President or Chapter Advisor.
- The speaker must be credentialed and/or possess demonstrable experience and accomplishment in the field for which they will be speaking. The speaker does NOT have to be from the chapter or even a brother.
- Invitations must be extended to the entire chapter (undergraduates and graduates) and optimally will include additional partner organizations from within the community to broaden the audience.
- If two or more chapters would like to pool grants to bring in a virtual speaker together, each chapter must apply separately to help insure all participating chapters are jointly involved.
- The date and location of the event, as well as the speaker(s), must be identified and within the academic year. The format of the event must provide the speaker time to delve into their subject matter (presentation, panel, fireside chat, etc) and may include time for discussion or networking.
- The funds are limited to travel and hospitality of the speaker and direct event costs (hospitality, catering, space rental, transportation). As this is a reimbursement grant, all receipts for the eligible and awarded expenses are required to be submitted for payment. The awarded amount by the foundation may be more than the actual reimbursed amount but not greater.
- Only one award per chapter per academic year.
The PsiU Connects undergraduate programming is part of our Speaker Series. To see alumni events in targeted areas check our Events listing here.