The Diamond Chapter Model
The Diamond Chapter Model sets a framework for what each Psi Upsilon chapter should strive to achieve. Some of these are simple steps that any chapter can take, some may take years to achieve or may be completely out of reach given the chapter or campus capabilities (and that is all right).
The key is to have a cogent plan that focuses on continuous improvement. This list below is consistent with the chapter leadership coaching offered by the International Office Staff and is also taken into account by the Awards and Recognition Committee when determining chapter awards.
- A Diamond Chapter has a clear and written process and goals for recruitment, member education, comprehensive risk management and succession planning.
- A Diamond Chapter is in strict compliance with all aspects of Psi Upsilon’s Risk Management Policy.
- A Diamond Chapter performs a Commitment to Excellence Goal Setting Retreat, or similar goal setting activity, every year.
- A Diamond Chapter collects 100% of its assigned dues, protects its assets, and pays all debts within stated terms.
- A Diamond Chapter fully participates in all programs and initiatives hosted by the International Office/Organization as well as their Campus and IFC.
- A Diamond Chapter is engaged with its University IFC and members seek leadership positions on the board.
- A Diamond Chapter is current on all documents and reports with the International Office and their Campus and IFC.
- A Diamond Chapter operates most effectively and efficiently with at least 35 undergraduates.
- A Diamond Chapter has a GPA higher than the Average GPA on campus.
- A Diamond Chapter utilizes selective recruitment and an engaging new member program which results in no more than a 5% attrition rate between prospective new members (bids signed) and initiates.
- A Diamond Chapter has a 0% attrition rate of actives leaving the chapter before graduation, and therefore, the chapter graduates 100% of its undergraduates.
- A Diamond Chapter has active participation from members during their entire undergraduate membership experience.
- A Diamond Chapter leads at least two community service endeavors each school year and finds a meaningful cause to raise money for.
- A Diamond Chapter participates in most relevant campus activities/organizations and takes a leadership role in many.
- A Diamond Chapter that has housing, makes sure that it is filled to capacity with upperclassmen living in.
- A Diamond Chapter embraces the Ritual of the Psi Upsilon Fraternity and lives its Mission and Values.